Assistant Psychologist - John Munroe Group
The John Munroe Hospital Group has 71 beds, split over 6 units and is situated in the Staffordshire Moorlands. The Group provides care for patients with enduring mental illnesses and challenging behaviours, who may also be detained under the 1983 Mental Health Act or be subject to court orders.
Please note John Munroe Hospital in based in Rudyard (which is a rural location) - therefore there are no direct bus routes.Main responsibilities of the Assistant Psychologist are:
*To work under the supervision of a qualified and registered Clinical Psychologist.
* Provide support to qualified Clinical Psychologist staff in their assessment, treatment, research, teaching and audit activities.
* To assist with psychological assessments intended to help formulate patients' presenting problems and then inform care planning and risk management procedures.
* To help support individual or group treatment.
* To participate in multi-disciplinary meetings, including patient reviews and care planning meetings.
* To contribute to service evaluation, research and policy development and to provide consultation as/when appropriate, as well as further promoting the service.
* Exercise autonomous professional responsibility based on Code of Professional Conduct and Ethics specific to own profession and company policies.
In order to achieve this our Assistant Psychologist should have:
Degree in Psychology
Highly motivated, resourceful and enthusiastic
6 months experience working in a care setting
Your role will be pivotal within this team. This exciting role will mean you are responsible for working as a key part of the multidisciplinary team providing services throughout the facility.
The John Munroe Group provide a variety of competitive benefits, including contributory pension scheme, free parking and bonus scheme.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care please submit your CV.
All appointments are subject to 2 x references and a DBS