Our Current Service Provision:
John Munroe Hospital, Rudyard, Nr Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 8RU (click on tabs below):
- A 14 bedded, locked female rehab in Leek, Staffordshire.
Model of Care:
We have developed into a formulation led service, which is a psychology led approach, involving the whole multidisciplinary team and individualised planning and treatments.
Key Principles of JMG Model and Recovery Star:
- Recovery Focused
- Attachment Informed Framework
- Emphasis on enhancing quality of life.
- Person-Centred – Collaboration and mutuality.
- Formulation based – Needs led, individualised, integrative, deriving meaning.
- Trauma Informed – safety, trust, choice.
- Understanding the function of behaviour – communication, unmet needs, response to frustration.
- Six Cs (Care, Compassion, Competence, Communication, Courage, Commitment) embedded in care.
- Empowering – Providing resources and facilities required for personal growth and development.
- Therapeutic – environment, ethos and interventions.
- Opportunities to engage in validating, self-actualising, productive and meaningful experiences
Our mental health services promote:
- Extra high support when required
- Social inclusion
- Community access/ integration
- Individualised packages of care
- Increased contact with family and friends
- Therapeutic employment and educational opportunities
- Greater choice, autonomy and empowerment
We also offer:
- Consultant led assessment and treatment regimes including placements for patients detained under the Mental Health Act.
- Clinical Psychology led by a Consultant Psychologist.
- 24 hour nursing support and interventions and outcomes based care.
- High staff to patient ratios.
- 24 hour care plan monitoring.
- 24 hour risk assessments with on call service.
Rehabilitation Services Include:
- Individual Occupational Therapy assessments– Model of Human Occupation (MOHO) and HoNOS.
- Individual Recovery programmes, INCLUDING Slow and Fast Stream Rehabilitation
- Individual and group psychology sessions
- Medication reducing regimes, for example Methadone
- Assessment/monitoring using standardised assessment tools e.g. KGV, HADS etc
- Social inclusion and promotion of citizenship
- Community based employment and recovery programs
- Community resettlement programs
- Holidays and day trips to places of interest
- Kitchen and music therapy rooms
- Therapy gardens
- Local gym use
- Communal and quiet lounges
- Access to Primary Healthcare through an enhanced GP contract
- Enhanced physical care service via review GP, Clinical Practitioner and Clinical Nurse Lead
- Smoking cessation, well man and women services
- Free Chiropody to all our service users (12 weekly)
- Free basic hair cuts
Relational Security (Aligned to the Department of Health’s See Think Act guidance):
At the John Munroe Group we understand relational security is a key contribute towards our patient groups recovery (all our staff have training in relational security).
Key relational security themes:
- Boundaries and Patient Mix
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Managing Physical Environment
- Relational 1:1 Support