At John Munroe Group, our first priority is always the safety of patients, staff and visitors in our hospitals
THE VISITORS ROOM AT JOHN MUNROE HOSPITAL (JMH) AND THE ACORN LOUNGE AT EDITH SHAW HOSPITAL (ESH) WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE FOR EXTERNAL VISITORS. THERE WILL BE A MAXIMUM OF 4 VISITS PER DAY AT JMH AND 2 PER DAY AT ESH. THIS IS TO ALLOW AVAILABILITY OF THE DOMESTIC TEAM AND AT LEAST 1 HOUR BETWEEN VISITS FOR DECONTAMINATION. WE WILL ATTEMPT TO ACCOMMODATE VISITS ON WEEKDAYS AND AT WEEKENDS HOWEVER PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THERE MAY BE OCCASIONS WHEN THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE.
VISITS ARE ALSO CONDITIONAL ON SEVERAL CRITERIA (For palliative care patients please see requirements below)
- THERE ARE NO MEETINGS BOOKED FOR THE ROOMS ON THAT DAY, WHICH WILL TAKE PRIORITY
- THE VISITOR QUESTIONNAIRE MUST BE COMPLETED (any answers ‘yes’ then visiting will not be allowed at that time)
- ALL VISITORS TO BE INFORMED OF RESTRICTIONS RELATING TO COVID 19:
- Visits must be pre-booked with reception for JMH and the Nurse In Charge (NIC) for ESH
- Visitors must be fit and well at time of visit
- Face coverings must always be worn and should be brought with you for use at the visit.
- Social distancing is to be maintained as much as possible
- Not more than 1 person (2 people for palliative care) visiting unless agreed prior with the Clinical Nurse Manager (CNM) for that specific ward
- ALL VISITORS TO WASH THEIR HANDS BEFORE AND AFTER VISITS AT JMH AND USE THE HAND SANITISER PROVIDED ON ENTRANCE TO ESH.
- ENTRY AND EXIT TO THE VISITING ROOM WILL BE SUPERVISED BY STAFF TO MINIMISE CONTACT WITH OTHER PATIENTS
- VISITORS ARE TO LIAISE WITH RECEPTION/ESH NIC ON THE DAY BEFORE VISITING TO ENSURE THAT:
- There is no change to the questionnaire answers
- There are no cases of Covid or Suspected Covid at the hospital
- That the patient is well enough to see them
- THE VISITORS ROOM/ACORN LOUNGE IS TO BE CLEANED WITH THE OTEX MACHINE IF AVAILABLE BUT AS A MINIMUM STANDARD ALL AREAS WILL CLEANED AND WIPED DOWN FOLLOWING EACH VISIT, BY THE DOMESTIC TEAM
- RECEPTION VISITORS TOILET AT JMH/UPSTAIRS STAFF TOILET AT ESH TO BE CLEANED AND WIPED DOWN AFTER VISITING IF UTILISED.
VISITING PATIENTS WHO ARE AT THE END OF LIFE:
Patients who are felt to be close to dying may have relatives or significant others who wish to visit. They may visit the patient’s bedroom however must be taken there by the best route possible
- POINTS 2-4 AND POINT 6, OF PROTOCOL ABOVE MUST STILL BE MET
- ENTRY AND EXIT TO THE WARD AREA MUST BE SUPERVISED BY THE NIC, AND TAKE THE ROUTE WITH THE LEAST PATIENT CONTACT
- WHERE POSSIBLE ALL HIGH TOUCH AREAS WILL BE CLEANED AND WIPED DOWN AFTER THE VISIT
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us on our helpline on firstname.lastname@example.org or call the hospital and speak to the Clinical Nurse Manager on the unit.
please call the hospital if you would like to speak to a loved one.
Thank you in advance for your patience and co-operation.
Back To News